What this privacy notice covers?
The Office Equation is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to “we”, “us” or “our” mean The Office Equation. This notice explains how we collect store and handle your personal data.
Who we are?
The Office Equation is a Staffordshire based Microsoft™ Excel consultancy. The Office Equation is the data controller and data processor (for some clients) under the data protection legislation and all our contact details are shown at the end of this notice.
We hope the following sections will answer any questions you have, but if not, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What information do we gather?
We collect your information in the form of your name, address, economic, financial and tax information and store it on our cloud and pc based digitally password protected systems.
Where is your information is collected from?
- Website & Social Media contacts
- Business cards
- Application forms and other documents
- Email, post, fax and mail correspondence with The Office Equation
- Contact via telephone
- In-person contacts with clients and potential clients
- Information gathered at events
- Information received from external third parties
We will use information to:
- Provide Microsoft™ Excel databases, tools & templates
- Provide Microsoft™ Excel consultancy
- Complete Microsoft™ Excel data analysis
- Provide Microsoft™ charts & graphs
- Maintain relevant contact, including, but not limited to sending information to clients
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and third parties and us 6. Share with regulatory authorities and any other party when sharing of information is required by law.
What is the legal basis of processing your data?
The legal basis of processing your data is “contract” as defined by Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulations where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party.
Who will have access to the information?
We share your information with third parties and data processors who may need to access your information for performing the purposes specified above.
We take reasonable organisational and technical measures to protect your information against unauthorised access, modification or misuse. We use services provided by reputable security providers and your information is accessed by employees, agents and third-party partners on a needs-only basis.
How long will we keep your information?
In the absence of any legal requirements, your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for the purpose of processing listed. This means your data will be deleted if you withdraw consent to processing, or the data is no longer required or inaccurate. Upon completion of the work/project or if you decide to cease working with The Office Equation, we will hold your information for a period of 2 years which is deemed reasonable.
How to keep us updated with any changes to your information?
Please remember to keep us updated on the personal data we hold on you if it is inaccurate or incomplete. All requests to update your personal data should be sent in writing to The Office Equation and any third parties will be informed, where possible.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes. Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
You have the right to:
- Request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. Please submit your request to the contact details shown at the end of this notice. We will respond within one month or receipt of your written request. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you, please contact us on the details set out at the end of this notice.
- oRequest that we delete your personal data, so it is erased from our records.
- Object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
- Object to automated processing, including profiling.
Enquiries and Complaints
Please contact us if you have any enquiries arising from this privacy notice.
If you are unhappy with our work, or something that we have done, or failed to do, please inform us in writing by email. We will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint as soon as reasonably practicable.
All correspondence should be sent to – firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information. Their contact details are shown below:
Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House Water Lane Wilmslow Cheshire SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
ICO Reference: A8471110
Review of The Office Equation Privacy Notice – This notice was last reviewed in June 2019